The surgeon visit included new x-rays that made it clear to me that there is a patellar button stitched into my patellar tendon. It was odd to see something
there that has been somewhat annoying when I flex my new knee. The surgeon says it helps to lift the tendon off the new prosthesis but it will take some time to stretch to its new limits and that I am doing well with the exercise and stretches. He did smile when I told him that it took me some time to get used to the new "clunking" in the knee. When the old knee went through a clunk it was most certain that searing pain was to follow and it made me pause any movement immediately. I appreciated the fact that the new knee does not initiate this pain at all. Most of my pain is just muscle and tendon pain and/or spasms. My bionic knee brings much to be pleased about and we both proclaimed it a successful improvement .I am somewhat impatient with the process and he seemed to understand this. I was advised that most of the transitional process will be completed in about two more months at which time I will see him again. My days will continue to be filled with the daily exercises and progressively longer walks to build stamina. Then we will think about what's next.
mdt
No comments:
Post a Comment