We did dress for getting off the plane in Tampa, but it is always a shock to step into September heat and humidity after temps in the high 60's and low 70's. There was a German couple on the flight with a little baby-maybe 3 months old. Baby was wearing sweater knit leggings and a cap. It was all I could do to restrain myself from going over and snatching those things off the baby. I hope she doesn't get fried or baked.
So, we are home and disassembling and reassembling. I have a load of clothes in the washer and Marcia has reacquainted herself with the grocery store. She was up at 5:30 and I at 6:30. Really unheard of for me, but my body thought it was almost noon.
The flight back was great-British Air has our business! I almost completed 4 movies and got shut off just when the boat was about to sink on the last movie. I'll probably have to rent it again to see the last 5 minutes.
Peggie and Paul were wonderful escorts home, and home was more perfect than we left it. Vases of flowers are such a fine greeting.
Stella greeted us with some enthusiasm, but we can also see her confusion and anticipation that there will be a caregiver shift at any time. When Marcia went to the grocery, she was very concerned. I imagine that there are some doggy treats in the grocery bags that might take her mind off her worries.
It is good to go away, and it is good to be back home. As soon as the laundry is done and we have had lunch, I believe I will see what might be available for us by way of Intervac exchange for next year. We met Esther the Costa barrista from Hungary at the Hilton Gatwick, and Esther's brother rents a house on Lake Balatan....
KG
Tuesday, September 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment