Back in Tally
This time at the Tallahassee RV Park. Almost all pull thrus and all full up tonight. We called from the road early this afternoon. Glad we did. We are just a bit east of Tally-off of I-10 on US 90. Easy to get into town to the archives and easy to get to the interstate to get wherever else we want to go. We are here till Saturday. Two days at the archives and a day back to the cemetery search for Grandaddy Hagood in Quincy and on to Valdosta for dinner with Pat and Carol. Birthdays for both Marcia and Pat.
We had a nearly perfect day yesterday, considering that the West Florida Genealogical Library was closed. We headed out to Destin for a look at the factory outlet mall by way of the Camping World east of Gulf Breeze. Marcia is quite pleased with the sewer support that we bought. "Go with the flow," I'm all for it!.
On the way to the factory outlet mall, we stopped for lunch in Destin at the Destin something or other seafood restaurant. It is in the Marler house-1913-on the Destin Inlet. Marcia remembers coming to visit Mrs. Marler with her grandmother when Marcia was in her 20's. There were photos of the Destins and their children in the foyer to the restaurant. The food was excellent. We got the scallop baskets-the little sweet bay scallops-they were quite good. Marcia deemed the gumbo on par with hers. That's really good.
Since we are still on Eastern time, we are not hungry till late lunch when we cross the Apalachicola River. This gives us the advantage of finding the restaurants with the most cars and pickups parked in their lot, a pretty sure bet that the food is good. People vote with their tires.
The factory outlet stores are not what they used to be for me. These are new and shiny, no problem there, but most of them carry clothes that don't fit me and many with styles that don't fit me either. In this mall I was out for socks, and I was not disappointed. Socks Galore met my needs and then some. Pippi Longstocking can eat her heart out. I decided to check out the Eddie Bauer store as well, and came upon exactly the little wallet that works for me. Half price too. I bought one and Marcia was so impressed she sent me back to buy a back up. Big day at the mall for me!
Back home, while doing the laundry, I checked my phone mail and discovered that someone is using my credit card to order online. Apparently they made the mistake of ordering two days in a row and the second day alerted the company to call me before they processed the order. So, this morning was spent cancelling my credit card. Luckily I have a fall back plan and it seems to be working as we have two tanks of petrol and full bellies and just a few days before being back home.
KG
No comments:
Post a Comment