Saturday, April 10, 2010

Home again, Home again, again

It rained the day before we left Valdosta, so much of the excessive pollen got washed away and the world was new again. It was quite a pollen orgy this year, but we seem to have survived. If I had had the time and energy, I would have tried to put into words or photos how incredibly beautiful this spring has been. It was cold until a couple of weeks ago, and then everything blossomed at once. Rather challenging for the pollen challenged, but the visuals were spectacular. Wisteria, redbud, dogwood-white and pink, azeleas of every azelea color, wildflowers, rabbit tobacco, wild sage, red clover, wart. Stunning! You may have wondered why we did so much driving. I can tell you, it was worth every mile.

We are tired but happy. We had a wonderful visit with the Wilsons and hope to meet up with them in France this summer. Seems that we will be staying near Francoise's grandparent's home (they have long since left their home and this world). Her parents are going there for the summer as it gets too hot for them in the south of France, so we might just spend some time in the south near Marselles with our friends. Knock wood.

This morning we got up at half 5 in order to leave at half 7 to get to TPA at half 9. It all went well. I was able to get some shopping done before coming home and unloading shopping and some of the Cronemobile. Marcia was the washer woman today. By tomorrow we will be all back and settled.

Thing is, I so much prefer being on the run than settled. I do know that we need some settled time though.

I can hardly wait till we plan our next Cronemobile trip. Maybe we can squeeze one more in before we leave for Europe in July. I'm thinking it is time to get back to Jax and explore some in the Jax library and in Camden County.

I have been awash in Shealys for several days. Louise Hay's book about the history of Macon County, Georgia had quite a few pages of Shealy genealogy, so it just kept on going... I believe I have it all in my tree now. I also got a lovely photo taken over 20 years ago in the mail. An ancestry email cousin sent it to me along with the probate record for this grandfather's (William Henry Hagood) estate. $15,000 in 1857. She was a rich widow for awhile, but I suspect the war and reconstruction took it's toll.

Twenty three years ago today Stas made his entry into the world. Happy Birthday Stas!!!

KG

No comments: