Check out time is 10 tomorrow. We will have a day and night at Gatwick and then take to the skies Wednesday morning.
We have pretty much cleaned out the little fridge and the suitcases are mostly packed.
The photos are mostly edited. One more batch-Versailles-and they are done. Bizillions of them. They won't get posted till we are at home, and once we get home we might sleep awhile. Still, all done but the posting.
I did a bit of a walkabout today. V&A photo exhibit was disappointing, so I hoofed it to Hyde Park. Diana Memorial was great fun, and the Italian fountain was restful. Also had a cuppa and sweet at the tennis and bowls.
When I was ready to head home the closest underground was Lancaster Gate, so I gave it a try to get to Notting Hill for a transfer to the District or Circle line to Earl's Court. Folly. So, rather than risk the walk from Queensway to Bayswater, I decided to go east to Holborn in order to go west to Earl's Court on the Picadilly line. Long ride but got the job done and a bit of rest for my feet. The Underground is always such theater. More eye contact than NYC subway.
I'm always sad to leave Europe, particularly when it is still hot at home, but it is time to go. Temps are cool here, I am at the end of my meds, and the shower here at Think is driving me crazy. It was clearly designed by a bald headed man for a bald headed man. There is but one place to put things and that is the soap dish. Even the tiny bar of soap and the tiny shampoo are challenged to cohabit. In Zurich I bought a lovely shower thingie with two suction cups to hold shower stuff. Pretty fru fru colors, but quite functional and has been serving me well. However, this shower is lined with those little glass tiles, so only 5mm suction cups perfectly spaced would work. Besides that, I have to line the floor of the shower with paper towell every day as there is nothing to keep me from slipping around. At least they fixed the shower head holder. It has been quite the juggle in there.
Also looking forward to our bed, but you know that already.
So, tomorrow night at Conrad's place where the showers are lovely and so are the linens, and then a hard airline seat for a long time. At least we are not flying to Aukland or Sidney.
KG
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment