All's well that ends well. 9 hours in the air is something of an ordeal under the best of circumstances, but I had pretty good food, all the movies and British sitcoms I could stand, a seat that tilts every which way and my own pillow and blanket as well as the pillow from the unoccupied seat next to me.
I made my way through passport control without issues-apparently they don't care how long I am abroad. Customs wasn't even very intrested in me, but referred me to Agriculture where I had to talk with the nice officer about whether I had visited farms or had brought back food. Then I had to unload my bags onto another scanner presumably to verify that I hadn't smuggled back anything that would endanger the quality of life that we enjoy here in the USA. I passed and was glad to see Marcia waiting for me in the terminal.
The last leg of the journey is always the longest, so after loading the bags into the KIA we were off on the 1.5-2 hour trip home from Tampa. I was greeted with enthusiasm by Stella. She is sitting on my right foot as I type so that she can have a little nap and yet be alerted to my every move.
Most of my moves are about unloading suitcases and distributing things to their various places. Quite a few of my moves involve the washing machine and dryer. Marcia and Cathy and I agree that even the clean clothes in the suitcase should be run through the washer. All of the ziplock bags are making their way to the garbage as well.
It remains for me to adjust to this time zone. I made myself stay in bed till 6 this morning and Marcia informed me that the clock was one hour behind the time, so I had actually stayed in bed till 7. However, I'm feeling a nap coming on right now. Later for the photos.
KG
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment