Monday, September 25, 2006

New York

New York

We currently reside at 121 Skunk Boulevard. Believe it or not, we are in the East Coast (???of Lake Ontario???) Resorts Campground in Parish, New York. Other than this afternoon, when we were driving around (as in the bypass) Schenectady and pulling into camp, and hot footing it to Camper’s World for RV tp, it has rained. However, what happened before the evening version of rain was great.

Stella loves this campground. We are at the end of a row of rental trailers that seem to be empty. The whole middle section of campsites in front of us is empty. So, Stella has plenty of room to play Frisbee, and that we did. We also got in a walk to the pond (or very small lake in comparison to the other lakes we see here). She was able to get in a little bit of mud doggin. When we walked uphill, I saw a V of Canada geese, and needed to stop for my breath anyway, so we just enjoyed them honking their way across the sky. I’m sure they have their favorite lake stopping campground in mind.

Marcia and I got to see one of the RVs we are thinking about for our next RV. Better, we got to talk with a sales person who gave us some information about ordering one with the options we like. When we got home, we were able to get to the “Adult Clubhouse” where there is Wi-Fi, and I got my email from Customer Service. The other RV we (perhaps “I” would be more accurate) are thinking of is no longer being made. There is one left in the whole country, and it is in Chattanooga. We also learned that going to the factory is of no help to us in finding our model(s), so we have revised our travel plans with an eye to hotfoot it to Tennessee. I have emailed the dealership for more information as well. However, the Wi-Fi went out just after I mailed, so I might just better check with them tomorrow. We do have cell phone service here….

Because we have to go to the “Adult Clubhouse” for our email and blogging, I will no longer be blogging in my jammies. If the blog gets a little formal for a while, you will please understand.

Plan for tomorrow is to check out hotels in Niagara Falls, Canada to see if they will take a dog. If so, we will take off tomorrow for the falls. If not, a day trip w/o Stella on Tuesday.

The area is quite lovely. I keep thinking of 4th grade when we studied the first westward expansion via the Erie Canal. We were quite near there last night when we stayed at the Herkemer Diamond KOA. We did take a look at the gems in the store this morning, but not even the 10% discount could persuade us to become bling girls. MDT said she was well acquainted with such from her Dad’s interests. Apparently the station wagon stopped at all interesting rock sites when she was a child. We did a tour of the store looking at the interesting rocks in tribute to her Dad. There was no time to tour the Erie Canal, but we spotted several locks along the way yesterday.

Today we marveled at wonderfully big lakes and rivers. We crossed the Mohawk and Oneida Lake. We are just spittin distance from Lake Ontario. Looking forward to seeing the falls again.

No comments: