
It has been a bit different for me this time. My knee flex is already at 93 degrees and has been there since I came home. Kay and I both remarked that it looked like I was about three weeks ahead of where I was for the first knee surgery. "Looking" like more advanced is not reality as I had to get off of my own case as I realized that healing doesn't follow my observations. Tissue and bone still are just barely three weeks along in their healing progress. That healing process will not jump ahead even if the flexion and extension are doing great. Once this info sank in I was a bit kinder to my leg and efforts for patience. Exercise is still my full time job and eating good food that will provide the nutrition I need for healing and exercise is a primary concern.
It's strange that I seem to be hungry all the time. Kay has been great about making sure I have plenty of food at mealtimes and also snacks in between. There are still times that I forget or just get busy and delay eating for some reason. This has some rude consequences at times since I can get into a slump and need to eat quickly so I have the energy to continue my physical activity. It's an odd situation since my ability to eat large meals is compromised by pain meds and the subsequent lack of appetite. It is getting better though and I managed to eat steak and a baked potatoe last night and didn't wake up hungry at 4:30 am for my usual granola bar snack. I really slept much better for the first time in several weeks. Maybe I'm starting to turn the corner... time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment