Thursday, August 17, 2006

Truro's Victoria Park









Truro’s Victoria Park

There are two things worth going to Truro for. We did the tidal bore early on this trip. Today we did Victoria Park.

The locals have quite a gem in this park. http://www.truro.ca/depart/parks/VicParkbrochure.pdf

There are swimming pools and tennis courts and picnic tables, like any other town park, but this park also boasts waterfalls and lots of hiking and biking trails. The climb to the falls was easy enough, even for me, though I left Stella back at the picnic table with Marcia. One can choose to take Jacob’s Ladder, 178 steep steps to a wooden walkway, but you can get to the same place on the path that gradually follows the stream. Had I taken the steps, I would have missed the “Witches Cauldron”.

The long hike with spectacular view was a bit out of my range. However, my little hike was quite satisfying.

Who knew those Kaulbach's had made it to Truro as well as Lunenburg.

The sunflowers are out. I found a small bouquet at the supermarket. I vow to plant the sunny part of the driveway in them. We saw whole fields of them in PEI. They were sometimes planted as borders for fields.

No comments: