Monday, July 20, 2009

Spinaker

The harbour view is the best.















Here's the idea, one lift up to the first viewing platform and one lift down from the second viewing platform. There is also a crows nest.
In recent years I have not done so well with high things, but I decided to give this a try and hug the inner wall if I had to. I remember the top of the World Trade Towers many years ago. However, the Spinaker has hand rails and they make all the difference.
There is the opportunity to have the experience of walking on air. I passed. However, I could hold the handrail with one hand and extend the camera with the other. This thing reminded me of a test for babies that was in my child development text. Most babies percieve the edge even with solid but transparent surface, and they stop. However, some babies seemed to relish going out over the edge. The authors termed this the Geronimo syndrome.
Some of these photos will be like the "Where's Waldo?" books, or maybe it is
"Where's Wally?" here. However, you will see several of the same objects from another angle in the other Portsmouth blogs.









Trains




































What a tiny opening for an aircraft carrier, but that is what makes this an excellent harbour.
I really love the design of the lamposts.
















KG

No comments: