
We were in Copenhagen visiting the National Museum. However, before there was a nation of Denmark, there were people who crossed the channel almost as easily as we do and they were neither Danish nor Swedish, but people living in groups and trying to stay alive. So, though this is a Danish Museum, it tells the tale of people who lived here before.
My photos are a bit jumbled in order of presentation. That's because Google is messing with blogspot and changing the format. It is the middle of the night for the Google formatters when it is prime blogging time for me, so things can get changed as I am blogging. Whatever...
This is a courtyard at the far end of the museum near the palace. I discovered it when I felt the cool breezes. Nothing is air conditioned here-why would it be? So, inside the museum was quite hot and we had to go out to get the cool. This was a great find.
The inner enclosed courtyard of the museum is all steel and glass. Wonderful use of solar heat. I was just telling Marcia, as we sat waiting for our flight in Gainesville, that in addition to using the glass roof at the Gainesville Airport, they should put solar collectors around and use the power to run lights at night.

There are ethnographic exhibits at this museum, but we focused on the Scandanavian history and never had time to get to the others.

We also had lunch at the Museum. Marcia had the fish and chips. The fish was some generic white fish fried in a breadcrumb batter and served with small potatoes which had also been fried. Their skins were resistent to the knife, but eventually gave way and the inside was creamy good. The hollandaise was eggy, and the asparagus and little sprouts and dill and radish were fresh and good. I got a sandwich on a long bread that was softer than baguette. I gobbled it down without thought of photo.


No comments:
Post a Comment