Saturday, May 12, 2012

Redding Return

We have crossed the continent and are safely settled in at the Hampton Inn in Redding.   I will probably be brief both because there is little to tell and because I have little brain left.  We got up at 3am in order to make our 6:24 flight.  I was offered an upgrade to first class for a reasonable fee last night when I checked in, so I took it.  I was also offered an upgrade to first class for an unreasonable amount on the second leg of our cross country flight-Houston to Sacramento, and I turned that one down.  So, we got a nice breakfast and posh digs to Houston and became cord wood on the second leg.  The third leg involved a Jeep Patriot rental car headed north on I-5 from Sacramento to Redding. 

We arrived at Conrad's Hampton Inn just after 16:00 Pacific Time.  Since we woke up at 24:00 Pacific Time, we have been on the go for 16 hours.  That's more than enough for me.  Though Conrad's towells at the Hampton as not as posh as his towells at the Gatwick Hilton, they are still quite fine and the bed will be quite adequate for me tonight. 

Marcia has discovered a Safe Way very nearby.  They have a Starbucks and I'm thinking they might, just might have some of those fantastic glazed donuts we got hooked on a few years back in Seattle.  In the meantime I'll just enjoy my cup of chicken tortilla soup. 

KG

No comments: