St. Hilda of Gainesville paid us a visit today. Marcia says her foot masages are transforming. The salad lunch-bed of arugula, several boiled or steamed shrimp with cocktail sauce, egg salad, tomatoes, couple of stuffed green olives-size of your thumb. Then, she left a dinner of pork roast and mushrooms and yucca in the pot. She arrived at 10, and left at 3 in order to avoid rush hour traffic. She is just so beyond terriffic....
Marcia had PT and rest. Holly arrived in the afternoon-shared her flooring finds with us, had a nice visit with Marcia, and started on the test tube and wire rooters I have been thinking about.
I had a plan, but I had to make another. My chipper shredder's battery just would not charge. Luckily, the DR folks will not only replace the battery, but send a charger specially made for it. Plan B worked for awhile, till it didn't. I got some trimming done till the trimmer ball gave out. I am seeing a trip to my DR repair person as Plan A for tomorrow.
Not to be deterred, and besides, it gets hot (and will get even hotter as the summer progresses), I took a break and began to move porch plants in anticipation of the porch resurfacer's visit on Tuesday. Also, Holly has a dumpster for a month, and one of the plant stands had to go.
After a pork and yucca dinner, I took Stella for her evening Glof. There was no black snake in our path this evening. The one this morning was a surprise for all of us-especially the snake who was just minding it's own business when a dog ran past chasing a squirrel and a Glof trolly just about ran over it. Probably still in it's hidey hole.
The pansys and petunias still look lovely-especially in that last brightness before dark starts to descend. Their time is really limited, so there are coleus rooting in the nursery just off the carport. Yard men came and mowed today, so tomorrow, the hoses come out again and there will be watering to do. Continue spiritual practice for rain.
Marcia is good. She probably wishes she was back to normal or even better. Things still hurt, and energy is in shorter supply than two weeks ago. She is making progress, but it all takes time. Back to the leg motion machine.
KG
Friday, May 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment