Saturday, May 10, 2008

Moving along...

Gary, my PT is still please with my progress as my knee is bending to 65 degrees and leg strength is improving. I can stand and shift weight back and forth between legs with confidence. I told him I was using the cane on short distances in the bedroom and he thought I could try it out and about the house some, warning me that my leg can get sore initially. I should try it out in small doses.

Yes!!!! I starting using it and my first goal was the family room for some different perspectives. It was a delight! Carol W. came by and I walked out on the porch with her so we could admire Kay's cleanup and purge project. Wow does it look great. Back to the family room and several walks to the bathroom later my knee said it was time to quit with the cane. Bedtime was filled with BioFreeze, an ice pack and pain meds to get to sleep. This morning I'm sore but pleased with my progress and promise myself less cane use today.

mdt

No comments: