Sunday, July 11, 2010

Boats



This is a kogg boat. Or maybe there are two kogg boats, and maybe I will find out more about kogg boats this week. Even when I tell my Google page to talk to me in English, it wants to speak Swedish about Swedish things-like kogg boats. I'll keep you posted.





This used to be the way to get to Copenhagen, and there were 4 of them to handle the traffic. Since the bridge, this is the only one left and it mostly carries trucks.


I think the boat's name is the Blu Boten. The umlauts over the vowells announce that this is a long vowell-it says it's name. I'm all for this sort of thing, speaking as a very creative speller (perhaps you have noticed even before this trip, but when you read the signs that I do every day you realize that there are even more creative spellers out there). A few diacritical marks would do a world of good for English.




So, if you open this photo by clicking on it, you will see that the Blu Boten is a Klub. Judging from the months it is open, I'd say it caters to the local student population, and even in winter on water it probably is well heated by enthusiasm.

KG

No comments: