Friday, June 01, 2012

Last Light on River



This is my favorite scene at the riverhouse-the last light on the river.  The gauntlet is down for Donna to take a better shot.  I grabbed my Olympus as the new Lumix 4/3 is in the backpack.  No time for tripod much less monopod, so I pulled the wire shelf with the giant plastic container of bubble stuff over to support the camers.  With each second/each shot the shutter slowed to let in as much light as it could swallow. 

When Stella and I do "shades and shutters" I spend a few extra seconds at the upriver bay window in the bedroom.  This is our sunset at the river.

On a more mundane note, today's accomplishments included my last ENT till September in which I got my ear purpled.  Next stop was the optician. Despite several near misses, I got my new glasses and eventually a copy of my Rx for glasses to carry with me.  At the rate my glasses fly off, I might just need replacement in the next three months despite my pair and spare. 

I picked up Rx from MD and got to Walmart for the fill.  Walmart seeks to please and within less than 30 mins I had my Rx and more.  Not so dumb, Walmart. 

At home there were last minute things to do.  A dump/tip run, lots of clearing of surfaces that I should have done months ago, and laundry.   I took some jeans out of the suitcase and put them back in.  I see that Marcia's backpack is about the same shape as mine.  We have our boarding passes printed, emailed to us, and on our British Air apps on Blackberry.  We see that we are actually scheduled for a 6:40 takeoff and we thought it was 4:40.  We will get to the airport very early and read our Kindle books on blackberry, or blog on the free Wi-Fi at the Tampa Airport.  It meets our control needs to be early.

The Rays are taking Baltimore to the dump/tip.  This is a good game for us to leave on.  Soon it will be futbol and cricket and we will catch up with the Rays in September. 

I've told Stella that Donna will come, but she of the ever present is not falling for that line.  Last time I said it she went to the front yard for a frisbee, but there was no Donna.  My credibility went downriver.  By tomorrow evening I will be history and Donna will be reality. 

Somewhere between the Holiday Inn Express near London City Airport and Plymouth, UK I will regret my 23kg suitcase.  By the time we get to Reading I will loathe it.  I'll be thinking about sending things home with Pat or Carol or Marcia or FedEx.  But for now, everything is necessary and I cannot bear to part with it. 

Thank the Goddess we know where the Costa Coffee is at Gatwick and the Starbucks in Barcelona. 

Adios and Caio for Now.

KG

No comments: