Thursday, May 17, 2007

Oh what a night...

Travelers Revenge has struck me. I'm not sure what initiated it but the night found me in the WC several times. I thought it might dissapate by the morning and found myself with an appetite when I woke. Kay returned from her morning ventures and found me ready for breakfast. We both returned to the buffet room to discuss the day's adventures.

I approached the buffet cautiously for proteins and some yogurt-- no fruits and veggies. Coffee downed and a plan developed we returned to the room. Shortly there after, I made several returns to the WC. Strong medicine was in order now so I probed my backpack for my travel meds for the Imodium. Down the hatch-- more trips to the WC and then another Imodium. I was feeling pretty rough, bad enough to suggest that Kay venture forth on the day and leave me sipping Coke for fluids. Kay went to the museum and I went to the WC and bed.

Its 3pm. Things subsided around 2ish enough for me to feel confident enough to venture to the Golden Panda Chinese place down the street in search of wonton soup and some rice to soothe my insides. It was a short walk but by the time I got there my plans for take-out disolved into a sitdown event. The menu was again in a German/Chinese combo even more confusing but my helpful waitress offered to fetch the English menu and I gladly accepted in my woozy state, too limp to tough out the other menu. I had my prize as planned and enjoyed the wonton soup and a small portion of the rice, egg and shrimp. My energy came back enough to make it home and hit the internet for a few minutes before I return to the room. No further urges for the WC... yet. I hope it's over so I can at least see some of the city tomorrow. Caution in my eating is my prime directive for the rest of the day... and lots of bottled fluids

mdt

No comments: