Did I mention that the weather in Venice is much like Florida? That includes afternoon thunderstorms, lightning and turbulant water.
Sunday morning the wine tour took off with me, but Marcia decided to stay home. We had a lovely tour bus ride through the countryside near Venice, and eventually came to a wine producing region complete with castle and modern winery. There were many Italian families enjoying the day with us. The winery had set up several pens of spring born animals with their mothers, so the kids were entertained as the parents sampled wine. There were also wagon rides for the kids and a pig roast. We are not sure who got the pig-we didn't. We did get a nice tour and samples to taste.
Though I have never had a particular attraction to spumante, it was the featured wine of this winery. Tasting at the vineyard is quite the different thing than after the bottle travels to our neighborhood. I ended up buying two bottles-one of the spumante-the brutte, and one of the Manzoni Bianco. Anyway, the two bottles cost €10-together, about €5 each. Will someone check the prices on Collalto in your neighborhood. Do please add this to the blog, or send me an email so I can cost compare. http://www.vino.com/wineries/italy/tour.asp?winery_ID=3327&cr_ID=97
Though we were scheduled for a Gondola tour in the evening, there was thunderstorm and we were relieved that it was cancelled. After having a 3 pm lunch, I retired to the room and slept from 4:30 pm to 5 am. Guess I needed the rest.
KG
Sunday morning the wine tour took off with me, but Marcia decided to stay home. We had a lovely tour bus ride through the countryside near Venice, and eventually came to a wine producing region complete with castle and modern winery. There were many Italian families enjoying the day with us. The winery had set up several pens of spring born animals with their mothers, so the kids were entertained as the parents sampled wine. There were also wagon rides for the kids and a pig roast. We are not sure who got the pig-we didn't. We did get a nice tour and samples to taste.
Though I have never had a particular attraction to spumante, it was the featured wine of this winery. Tasting at the vineyard is quite the different thing than after the bottle travels to our neighborhood. I ended up buying two bottles-one of the spumante-the brutte, and one of the Manzoni Bianco. Anyway, the two bottles cost €10-together, about €5 each. Will someone check the prices on Collalto in your neighborhood. Do please add this to the blog, or send me an email so I can cost compare. http://www.vino.com/wineries/italy/tour.asp?winery_ID=3327&cr_ID=97
Though we were scheduled for a Gondola tour in the evening, there was thunderstorm and we were relieved that it was cancelled. After having a 3 pm lunch, I retired to the room and slept from 4:30 pm to 5 am. Guess I needed the rest.
KG
No comments:
Post a Comment