It's been days since I posted which tells you I have been having a good time. Newcastle was fabulous and we finally got decent weather. Yesterday and this morning summer arrived. Waa-hoo!!!
Brief synopsis is that Carol and I went to 3 sites on Hadrian's Wall (and you will see the photos). We met several old ladies (that means older than me) and had lovely chats and good directions. We walked through little villages from the past and present and saw sheep and a bunny along with several very well behaved dogs. We ate fantastic meals of hippie, Indian, Thai, and Spanish food and we slept well mostly. Our room at the Jury's Inn Quayside was fatastic-particularly the views, and the walks along the Quay (Kay) were quite lovely In addition to Roman ruins we toured the castle that gave Newcastle it's name. All is relative-the castle was built in the 13th century and was new at the time.
The fact that our knees and ankles are now screaming does not in any way detract from the lovely things we saw and the lovely time we had. Carol made her way back to London early this morning while I got more sleep. Last text indicated she had had a veggie rissoto lunch and was touring Kew Gardens. She will fly back toorrow morning, so will have plenty of time to rest her feet.
Meanwhile, back on the train I am editing the photos. Trying to upload them on the train is not going so well, so will have to wait till I get back to Reading. I'm loving the bridge photos.
KG
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment