Sunday, July 01, 2012

On the mend


The view of drizzle from my chair

I am ending my fourth day of dealing with the cold I picked up somewhere between Stockholm and London. I'm really tired of it now and would like to start feeling better. The good thing is that Kay seems to have escaped it and is showing no signs of this rhinovirus.

Fortunately, the weekend has been filled with weather issues making adventures running through wind and rain less attractive and my iPad and the English TV schedule have become saviors filled with distractions from my coughing and blowing my nose. Sleep has been sneaking up on me during the day to compensate for the frequently interrupted nights. I would like to have some lengthy sleep cycles to give me some pep during the day. Maybe it would help my taste buds wake up from their slumber--nothing tastes right. A sorry state, to be hungry when food tastes strange!

The drizzle has returned outside again. At least it's not my nose again. Tomorrow is coming and Kay will go into Plymouth on a scouting trip. I will stay put for at least one more day. Then maybe a day out will be possible even if it is a short one. Maybe some sun will return as well!
mt

No comments: