It's raining. We have come to expect nothing more. My throat is sore and I'm achey all over and I just took my last Ilex 15 Chinese herbal medicine. I'll lay low for this 4th of July.
I did watch a bit of TV yesterday after my adventure downtown. I was too wiped out to read or edit photos, so I stretched out on the couch with a blanket and watched. We get PBS, so that was OK. When it wasn't, we could hardly find anything worth watching. We were fascinated with a show called "Embarrasing Things About Your Body". People skype in to a panel of doctors and show and tell the most grewsome things that they haven't gone to the doctor about-this in a nation with free health care. Marcia pointed out that free health care does not cure stupidity. Right that! The most amazing one was a woman who had discharge from her ear for the past 20 years. I'll spare you the description and quantity, but she had lost her hearing-likely because of perforated ear drum. Who lives with this for 20 years and then reveals it on natioal telly? We switched channels when the male host visited a teen rugby team to discuss and measure willies. One guy, presumably the one with the most confidence about his willy, opened his towell and allowed the doc/host to do a measurement. On national telly!!!
So, even sitting at home in the rain one can learn a thing or two about the culture.
Today the cleaning lady has come. It's very exciting to have a real person to talk with. We can hardly wait for Pat and Carol to get here.
I'll post and edit more photos now.
KG
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment