Just as I predicted, Pat and Carol's arrival has speeded up the pace and bloging has had to wait. We have had some lovely adventures in spite of the cold and rain and not really feeling 100% ourselves. Pat and Carol and I got a day of adventures in Plymouth including a ride in the ferris wheel. I spent the first half of our day out wondering why my camera wasn't working. Our little break for coffee at Costa's put my brain in order again and I discovered a battery in the bottom of my backpack and compensated for a morning without it by taking 7,000 photos of the Charles Church. Could take some time to edit them all, but many will make their way to the blog, I am sure.
Yesterday we took the train to St Austell where we took the bus to The Eden Project. Perhaps the cold and rain helping out some as it wasn't as crowded as I expected. Photos to follow. It's a sort of green Disney.
Today we opted for some adventures in Plymouth. Pat and Carol saw the aquarium and I joined them at the Plymouth Museum for a tour of the permanent exhibit of history of the area from the stone age and the one room show of Women in Art on the second floor. I'm not so much a fan of natural history so I skipped that side of the museum as well as the beetle-mania collection.
There was an interesting project going on to recast pottery from people's private collections, but the recast pieces were displayed in little glass boxes above a bench so that all you would reallly see well were the bottoms. I though the project was a great idea, but was quickly bored with all the bottoms.
Tomorrow we leave the castle for Reading. Already our friend, Mark, is planning to pick us up at the train station. We shall see how that will be done. He can probably get most of us in and I will take the Calcot bus home.
Pat and Carol have plans for a trip to Oxford and possibly the theater in London on Saturday. I'll keep you posted.
KG
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment